This position includes 2 SIGN-ON BONUSES:
- 1ST BONUS 1 MONTH FROM HIRE
- 2ND BONUS 6 MONTHS FROM HIRE
The JOB COACH is responsible for supporting Participants’ informed choice and self-determination through community-based employment and training opportunities. The JOB COACH is expected to act as an appropriate role model at all times. An appropriate role model is defined as an individual who conducts him/herself in a manner that is professional, respectful, and mindful of the dignity, capability, and best interest of the Participant, A JOB COACH should have good judgement as well as a commitment to supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in the pursuit of the interest and enhancements of their potential, specifically regarding their emerging vocational interests and skills.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current driver’s license
- Adequate auto insurance coverage
- Safe driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to employment
- Work with Career Coordinator with attention to general and individual Participant issues as well as potential job leads.
- Work directly with agency personnel resources regarding areas that will benefit individual Participant(s), as well as companies.
- Work with the employer(s) in facilitating the total work effort of Participant(s).
- Assist with the development and implementation of task and discrepancy analysis of various jobs into which Participant(s) have been placed.
- Counseling and training Participant(s) in any/all aspects of the job that impact his/her progress within the job.
- Transport Participant(s) to and from his/her place of employment in a timely manner.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment process of Participant(s)’s progress by means of documentation within any reports relevant to the Participant(s).
- Attend and participate in the annual Individual Service Plan (ISP) meeting, as well as any other related meetings for each Participant involved in the retention process.
- Implement strategies that will facilitate the successful integration of Participant(s) with cultural diversities in the workforce.
- Network with similar personnel from other community-based professional organizations.
- The JOB COACH will be expected to work flexible hours including, but not limited to, nights, weekends, and holidays in a variety of businesses and environments.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Clean Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI)
- This position requires that the employee use his/her own vehicle for transportation; therefore, valid automobile insurance, current inspection, and reliable vehicle are required.
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Job Coaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One locationEdit job